Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
2 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup water, heated to 110 degrees
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast or 1 packet
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
Shrimp Pesto Ingredients
1 1/2 cups cooked shrimp – we used uncooked 13-15 shrimp cut in half and sauteed in olive oil with some garlic, you could certainly purchase cooked shrimp to save time.
1/3 cup prepared pesto
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Mediterranean Pizza Ingredients
1/4 pound prosciutto, ripped into bite size pieces
8 anchovy filets
1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
5 cloves of roasted garlic, chopped
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/4 cup fresh parsley, topping after it is done cooking
Pizza Assembly and Cooking
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. I like to use a pizza stone which you should warm up in the oven too.
- Once your oven and stone are preheated remove your stone from the oven. One little secret to keep your dough from sticking to your stone or baking sheet is to sprinkle it with a little corn meal. Once you’ve done that put your rolled out pizza dough on the stone.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and then use a fork to pierce the dough all over so that it won’t bubble up when it cooks.
- Cook for 4 minutes without any toppings.
- After 4 minutes, remove from the oven and add your toppings.
- Cook for another 6 minutes.