- Paint all the cabinets in living area, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. We left the cabinets in the cab the original color
- Painted over the faded and slightly nasty wallpaper. We went with a gray paint that had a little blue tone to it.
- Put in new flooring the entire way from the living area back into the bedroom. We used a peel and stick resilient flooring.
- Put up a subway tile for a back splash in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Upgraded the TV in front and added our Blu-Ray player and Roku. We also installed a new sound bar rather than using the old system that was wired up and confusing.
- We removed the valances from around all the windows and just re-hung the blinds that were inside them.
- We removed one of the couches and installed a desk and left room for some of Eli's toys.
- We installed a new LG washer and dryer combo unit. The old RV didn't come with one and we definitely felt we needed it since we would be living in here full-time.
- We removed the old headboard and built a new padded headboard that we made out of some fun cloth we found and a few boards (Thank you Young House Love for the idea!).
- We removed the doors on the closet in the bedroom and hung some curtains that we trimmed up to fit that space.
We know these pics are long overdue since we have been on the road for officially 1 month now. We feel like we are pretty well settled and have things the way we like them. We still need to add a pouf or two to put our feet on in the living room, but for the most part, it's done! For now our stability ball is doing the trick. We also have some things we hope to add to our "patio" outside to make that a more homey feel.
The main things that we did were:
The passenger's side slideout with our updated kitchen backsplash and a super fun pillow we got from a friend. Thanks Lacy! We love the white cabinets and how it brightened up the entire coach.
The driver's side slideout with our new desk and our dining area. Oh and Eli's toys!
Dan's kitchen!!! Other than lacking a little counter space we love this area. For those that are curious...the microwave doubles as a convection oven and actually works really well to roast veggies and bake. We were super surprised!! No dishwasher is a bummer, but we've made due.
A shot of our living area with our new TV, rug and desk. We love the way it turned out!
Shower and bathroom area. You can see how the old flooring flowed throughout the coach. The shower also has a tub in it which has been fantastic with Eli and makes bath time so much better.
Another view of our bedroom and the curtain that we hung instead of the glass doors. Oh and our residential washer and dryer that we added. There was an electrical box that stopped us from pushing it back far enough to get the doors back on. Our plan is to move that so we can slide it back a few more inches. We probably won't put the doors back on but might do a curtain or something... we are still deciding on if that's necessary.
Our new headboard and our own bedding. We also brought in our king size mattress that we had in our townhome. It's been nice to have our own bed to sleep on. The throw pillows will get upgraded at some point...they're not exactly what Laura would like but we're just working with what we already had!
A look at the old mirror, ugly valances and light fixtures that didn't work. We used the light fixtures that were in the bedroom and just moved them out into the living room.
And a few more random pictures! Thanks for checking out our house!!
The Cook & The Coach
Healthy is a LIFESTYLE.