This is another one that I found on Instagram via @spoonfuloffit…and it’s spectacular. Go check out her website for some great recipes, workout routines and fitness inspiration: http://www.spoonfuloffit.com. AND just because I like to share what I love go check out @amandamclark on IG (http://clarkpharm.blogspot.com/). She has perfected these pancakes and done so many variations you won’t know what to do with yourself
Here’s the coconut flour that I bought off of Amazon a few months ago. It’s low in carbs, high in fiber and low in calories!
3 tablespoons coconut flour
3 egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon of non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract
pinch of salt
Stevia to taste Optional: unsweetened coconut flakes and chia seeds.
1) Heat a pancake griddle or pan to medium heat
2) In a small bowl, add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and Stevia
3) Add the 3 egg whites, almond milk, vanilla and Greek yogurt to the dry ingredients
4) Mix up the batter really well. It will take a bit of stirring because the coconut flour has to soak up all the moist ingredients. It will be really thick…that’s ok. The thicker the better. You’ll want to cook on that side with the cover ON until the tops of set completely. Flip and cook for 15-20 seconds.
5) I like to cook them in a little coconut oil but you don’t have to!
6) ENJOY with REAL maple syrup!