My sis over at www.happyfoody.com introduced me a long time ago.
Delightful Banana Nut Muffins
Cookbook: The Garden of Vegan
By Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup dry sweetener (I like rapadura or turbinado)
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
¾ cup ground flaxseed (or oat bran)
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup olive oil
1 t vanilla extract
2/3 cup soy, rice, or almond milk
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flax or oat bran, and walnuts.
3) In a small bowl, combine the bananas, oil, vanilla and soy milk.
4) Pour the liquid ingredients with the dry and mix together gently until “just mixed”.
5) Spoon into a lightly oiled muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6) Makes 12 muffins.